Join the Douglas Products team!
Interested in a career at Douglas Products? Let’s talk! We offer challenging and fulfilling work with solid compensation and benefits. Well-qualified candidates can fill out the form below to submit a resume.
Territory Business Development Manager
Sales – Southern California, USA
Douglas Products has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager servicing the Southern California territory. If you have a passion for fumigation and providing solutions to customers, this is a great opportunity for you!
How will you help us grow?
- Actively pursue new customers to the territory in a strategic manner.
- Serve as a “business consultant” to new and existing accounts, bringing value to their business via our business model and product performance.
- Aggressively manage marketing programs, technical training and overall coordination and maintenance of account activities.
- Be a liaison between our customers and our internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and experiences.
- Monitor territory budgets – including promotional, travel & entertainment and general territory expense budgets.
- Maintain company equipment and records in a proper and safe manner.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle is mandatory at all times for this position.
- Represent Douglas Products with the Pest Management Professionals and Associations within the industry.
- Conduct all activities with a high level of professionalism and represent Douglas Products each day in a manner that is respectful, safe and would reflect positively on our company.
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to develop Objectives, Strategies and Tactics for the territory and demonstrate high flexibility and agility as the needs and challenges of the territory evolve over time.
- Strong initiative, assertiveness and results orientation will be necessary.
- Previous experience demonstrating that you are a self-starter who is highly productive and has the ability to work with diverse and cross-functional teams as well as work independently.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Good time management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent, presentation development & presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work from a virtual location and master the use of technology and the communication tools to do so.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Word, manage Microsoft Excel pivot table databases and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Agriculture Economics, or Sciences preferred and/or 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker, innovator.
- Demonstrates technical aptitude of product knowledge.
- Business and entrepreneurial skills and interests.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork.
- Proficiency in computer technology.
- Comfortable with risk; accepts individual responsibility and accountability.
- Spanish verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable.
Douglas offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive company culture including ongoing training opportunities.